In a time of increased uncertainty for EU and EEA nationals currently living in the UK our services are in more demand than ever. In 2016 we faced a pronounced increase in requests for legal advice from EU migrants following the EU referendum decision in the UK. Last year we received 2000 advice requests and provided over 600 free, confidential and impartial pieces of advice around EU free movement, health care access, residence status and documentation. These requests come from some of the most vulnerable members of our society including victims of domestic violence, trafficking victims, and the elderly. Many of these individuals are wishing to secure their status in their country by acquiring British citizenship and we are assisting these cases in the face of Home Office bureaucracy and misinterpretation. This is where your support could come in. We need donations to help keep our pro bono legal advice line running and to continue our work.

With over 25 years of expertise and knowledge in our sector we are well placed to assist vulnerable EU and EEA nationals and their families currently living in the UK. We have been involved in a number of key cases over the years including MSS and Tarakhel v Switzerland concerning the lack of human rights protection afforded to asylum seekers and their return to unsafe countries; P v Cheshire West & Chester Council & Another where the UK Supreme Court subscribed to the fundamental premise that the human rights of disabled people should be protected to the same degree as the human rights of everybody else; we are also successfully helping a number of EEA nationals to challenge their removal in the UK tribunals after being caught up in the government's rough sleeping provisions.

A donation could allow us to increase our capacity to provide direct advice to vulnerable EEA nationals and their family members, and to cover some of the ancillary costs of our pro bono strategic litigation in both the Immigration and Social Security First Tier and Upper Tribunal. You can either choose to make a one off donation or you could set up a regular direct debit. This page will take you through the process.